ACORD 50 KY (3/98) – Commonwealth of Kentucky Proof of Insurance
The Kentucky Automobile Insurance Identification Card was created in response to Kentucky regulations. The main differences between the generic ACORD Automobile Insurance Card, ACORD 50, and the Kentucky card are:
- The size of the card is 3 1/2 inches wide and 2 1/4 inches high (wallet size)
- The order of entries on the front of the card is prescribed by regulation
- The insurance company number that must be shown is the three digit code assigned to the company by the Kentucky Dept. of Insurance.
- The Agency/Company phone number that must be shown is either the local agents number or a toll-free insurer’s number.
- State mandated “Instructions to Policyholder” are included on the back of the card
Two copies of this ID card must be given to the insured. One will be used to present to the county clerk when renewing motor vehicle registration; the other must be carried in the identified motor vehicle.