ACORD 137 CA (2001/06) – California Commercial Auto, Coverages/Limits Section
Use this form to collect the coverage, limits and premium information necessary to write
Business Auto, Truckers or Motor Carrier insurance in this state.
Use this form with ACORD 127, Business Auto Section, or ACORD 132, Truckers/Motor
The following are the specific differences in this state.
- Personal Injury Protection coverage does not apply. This is not a “no-fault”
- Underinsured Motorists coverage is included in Uninsured Motorists coverage.
- Reference to “Waiver of Collision Deductible” is added.
- Statement added referring to the offer of Uninsured Motorists coverage up to
the Bodily Injury Liability coverage in the policy, and the applicant’s right to
select lower limits, reject coverage for certain drivers, or reject UM coverage
entirely. If the applicant chooses any option other than limits equal to the
policy’s BI limits, the California Auto Supplement, ACORD 61 CA, must be
- Statement added referring to the offering of a Waiver of the Collision deductible.
- The fraud statement is revised to comply with California law.
- A statement is added to the back of the form as required by California law,
advising the applicant of his or her rights with respect to “good driver” policies.
For further instructions refer to the generic ACORD 137 Instruction here.